Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year, 2011

So I can't say my life is boring [my husband just wishes for ONE boring day with me, I imagine.] and a Lot has happened in the two years that I decided to semi-retire. I had far more personal time when I was running a shop 24/7. After all I had a wonderful staff that was irreplacable. They made my life so much easier. The dogs aren't as considerate! Easy is not in their vocabulary or their barking, per say. In fact we adopted Honey the Houdini dog because of that. We couldn't stand the thought of adopting her out to someone that wouldn't search high and low for her if she went missing and don't think that we don't panic everyday when she lopes off with that grin on her face. John and I both have gone to Walmart numerous times to get her. It's located right over the berm and I think she takes smoking breaks with the employees. She also loves the lumber yard at Home Depot. They give her hot dogs. Here she'll come running with a whole one and she holds it in her mouth like a cigar. [learned that during the smoking break, I imagine.] The nearby horse pasture is a favorite hangout of hers--she'll come home that greenish/black horse manure color and just reek. I have to sneak up on her with shampoo, she Hates baths, even sponge baths. A skunk got her not too long ago and she was pink for days from the tomato juice bath. But she hates cold weather and rain and has spent a lot of time on the couch this winter AND she has never had an accident in the house. [you know, the bathroom kind]. So all in all she is quite an exceptional dog, at least we think so. She loves everyone and everyone loves her. My husband and my family are hoping I don't adopt another dog every year. [They think I'm going to be a dog hoarder.] Happy New Year! C.A.R.E. is hoping for a wonderful year of adoptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment