Friday, January 28, 2011

The Lane that lead to The Rose Garden


Customers always told me how much they enjoyed driving down the lane to the shop. It's lined with overhanging trees and makes you feel like there's something special waiting for you at the end. It made them feel like they were leaving stress and strain behind. It's always made me feel that way also. When I was a child we met the school bus at the end of it and the air was fragrant with honeysuckle and locust. To this day when I smell honeysuckle I am taken back to those times of childhood.
About five years ago I came home after work and found a note on my front door. A lady had taken a wrong turn and ended up driving down our lane. She wrote that she was at a bad time in her life and when she got to the end of this beautiful little lane that she felt more peaceful and serene than she'd felt in ages. She wanted me to know that she had to sit and "absorb" it for a while and hoped that I didn't mind. Of course I didn't mind, I loved it. She put her address on the note, no name, just her address. I wrote her back and told her if she liked the lane she needed to come back and visit the shop. She did about a month later. I walked out to a sweet lady that was weeping. She told me that this place "saved" her. Well, I don't know about that but I know it saves me and I thank the Good Lord and my daddy for it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment