Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Preparing a Soft Down-Filled Nest!

 Mr. Squirrel is on a mission! Mrs. Squirrel has told him under no uncertain terms that she wants a warm, comfy, insulated nest and he had better take care of it! So as a result my old down pillow is being torn apart and he is following orders! Do I care? Well, I did love those old pillows [yes, there were more but they are already in other various nests in the trees. I never know if there's a bird dropping a feather on my head or if it's part of my old cushions.] And a picture is worth a thousand words. I dare say I will enjoy these pictures much more than the pillows. There was never time to use them for resting. And it was time for new ones anyway. [Although since these did have such extremely nice stuffing I would have probably leaned toward having them recovered.] No matter, there are other pillows to be found and in the meantime Mr. Squirrel has fulfilled his husbandly duties and Mrs. Squirrel has a nice warm house for the coming babies. [I'm sure there are babies planned, these squirrels seem to be very adept at producing.]


No comments:

Post a Comment