Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Great Grandmother and Great Grandchild meet.

I laughingly say that her name is nora ELLEN and the nora is silent. I don't feel this way, of course, Nora is a beautiful name from Logan's side, his grandmother. Ellen is from Mother, Megan's grandmother, and myself.
I debated upon taking Mother to the hospital. It was a long ride for her, lots of walking, and I knew a lot of confusion on her part. Still it was a milestone that needed to be recognized and I knew that Megan would be thrilled. Today, Jan. 30th, is Megan's birthday. She was born 32 years ago at 12:20 pm. Nora was born yesterday at 12:20 pm. Just a day [and 32 years!] apart. Nora was the best birthday present and Mother being there would be the icing on the cake.
The day was warmer and Mother has been feeling quite chipper so the decision was made to take her. It would be a surprise for Megan. And it was such a lovely surprise. I wouldn't give anything for this picture. It is absolutely the sweetest.

No comments:

Post a Comment