Monday, January 14, 2013

A cold start to a New Year--January 2013

 I'm pretty sure I've expressed my dislike of cold weather at some time or other. It's no secret, I deal much better with warmth. I work better, play better, relax better with sun and heat. However, winter has it's place and now is as good a time as any! I do get a rest from the gardens [although to see them you would think I've been resting plenty--they need work!] and my mind needs some rest also. 2012 was a tough year. Although I have "semi-retired" I am apparently doing it all wrong. I worked way too much and too hard and missed out on a lot of my normally enjoyable activities. This year I have vowed to do better, to get some of that "balance" I've been talking about and to have more time to myself. No one believes me. I don't blame them, I've cried "Wolf!" way too many times. But I take my New Year's resolutions very seriously and to achieve some balance is one of them. Wish me luck!
This New Year will bring two major changes and additions to our family and we are very excited! First we will get little Nora ELLEN. [The Nora is silent.] Megan and Logan are having the first baby, the first grandchild, great grandchild, and great niece. Patti is beside herself, we all are. Then Forrest will be marrying in October and Michele will become a treasured member of our little clan. So as our family grows and is blessed by these wonderful events to come I give thanks. Even if my feet are cold at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment