Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Brother's Feet

I hate that my brother Merrill, Megan's dad, was not here for this momentous occasion. But then again.......

When Merrill was born my daddy liked to uncover his little long feet and show them to people. Daddy found it humorous and mother thought it embarrassing! Last night when we got there Megan was showing someone Nora's little long feet and of course the first thing I thought of was Merrill's foot story. This morning I was drinking my first cup of coffee and thinking about it when it hit me like a ton of bricks. I could just hear my brother saying, "Hey! I'm here! Don't you get it? The FEET!!" So do I believe he was there? Absolutely. Energy doesn't die and why wouldn't it follow his family whom he loved and had a connection with in life? I don't care if anyone else believes it or not. As Merrill would say, "Whatever!"

1 comment:

  1. I totally believe Ellen. Once when the twins were around 15 months old I walked into their room and each was standing in his bed frozen, staring at "nothing" and then they both broke out in laughter and then froze again, more laughter,.... this went on for 5-10 minutes. I just know it was my grandmothers spirit being silly with them. She had a great devilish sense of mischief. This was her way of letting me know that she knew my boys and was watching over them.

    ReplyDelete