Monday, January 14, 2013


Although it's January of 2013 I still have my Christmas/Winter arrangement on the front door. I sometimes do a basket of just greenery and red berries for the finish of the cold months but this evergreen and neutral look appeals to me so it shall stay longer.
I am actually just taking my tree down today. Or at least getting it taken apart and the ornaments put up. I didn't get to enjoy it before Christmas, life was too hectic to even give it a glance. So the last couple of weeks I have enjoyed it tremendously along with the gas logs and natural garland enhancing the mantel. My tree reflected the same look as the front door piece, I do try to coordinate to some extent. But it's time to take it down. Always a tad bit sad to me but I also enjoy the spacious feel it gives to the room when it's no longer gracing the corner. Candles are lit, fireplace burning brightly, and "Brandied Fruit" is on the lamp ring making it feel cozy and sweetly scented. It seems a better time to take a nap instead of taking the tree down but I must continue! Otherwise, my resolution of "not procrastinating" would already be broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment