Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Magic Doors

These doors are by the pond for a reason but I can't disclose it just yet. It's a surprise. I promise I will let you in on the secret later. For now we just call them the "Magic Doors" and Honey seems to agree with that. Sam, my brother on John's side, put them up for me. I look right out my kitchen window and there they are and Honey Girl loves to sit right there in the middle of them and stare at the pond. I actually took the picture from inside the kitchen. Doesn't the lighting make them even more mystical and magical? Like you could walk through to Neverland? They will look a bit differently in a few weeks [there, that's a hint but I'm not saying anything else!].
Given my love of arbors this could be dangerous. I'm envisioning doors all over the place now! Sam may have created a monster! But is it not the coolest idea for an arbor? I've already planted an autumn clematis on the back of it and it is taking off. I must have another. Or several. I do love obsessions! So now I will be on the quest for more old doors. In fact, a frame work with the old doors and a few old windows hanging around would make a fabulous outside garden room. And I have just the place! Thank you Daddy for buying this farm. It is my love and my playground. It inspires me, thrills me, and challenges me. It really is my Neverland because I never want to leave it.

1 comment: