Thursday, May 5, 2011

Eden



If you're going to have a flower garden and you're going to have a rose bush then you must have "Eden". I personally think that you haven't seen a rose until you've seen this one. She is a true English Cabbage Rose, layer upon layer upon layer. Her petals swirl and twirl in a ruffled ballerina skirt of a bloom. She starts out pink and softens to blush. She flirts outrageously by nodding at you whenever you walk by. Even though I had The Rose Garden I wouldn't necessarily say that roses were my favorite flower, I love so many. However of the roses, "Eden" has my heart. I love the pink fairies that I rooted from Granddaddy's roadside but that's a sentimental love. Mentioning them, I now have them all along my drive and they will be blooming soon. I may mix in some knock-outs. They are a little too "new" for my tastes but the bloom period does impress me.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!

    By the way I see your header doesn't fit perfectly with the blog sizing. if you want me to whip up something that will fit with this layout, let me know through www.madebynikki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete