Friday, March 18, 2011

Thousands and thousands of daffodils

Ahhh, the jonquils are peaking! Most of
the early bloomers are fading but the
mid-bloomers are still going strong and the late ones are starting.


This is Seven Sisters and has a heavenly fragrance. Just one stem in a vase will scent the room.

This is Sunny Side Up, one in the "butterfly" series. In the back is Siren.
I plant new varieties every year and they always come back but I don't think they multiply like the older more established bulbs. Mount Hood, King Alfred, and Ice Follies go to town when it comes to naturalizing. That doesn't stop me, though. I have to add new ones every year, it's a sickness, I need help, rehab. However until someone locks me up I will continue to order just a few more!

No comments:

Post a Comment