Friday, March 18, 2011

My Mother


My mother is my taproot. She keeps me grounded. She has always been the epitome of a Southern Lady and I have always been proud to call her my Mother. At 95 years of age she's quite amazing. Yes, she has dementia [short-term memory loss] and yes, she is getting a little frail. But her eyes still sparkle and her wit is sharp and her love is ever encompassing. I treasure each day I have with her and strive to be just a bit like her but feel I have failed miserably. However, I will keep trying!

2 comments:

  1. Failed? Are you kidding? Every wonderful thing about Mimi, I see in you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute to your Mother! I remember her as being gracious and she had an aire of elegance. You have that same graciousness and elegance, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete