Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Rose Garden--Again

I started off writing this blog as life after The Rose Garden. I had semi-retired, gotten involved in dog rescue, planned on gardening and doing a few "special orders" when the mood struck me. Well, so much for plans. First of all, rescue is a full time occupation. In any volunteer group there's going to be a few "worker bees". That's me, I'm a worker bee. [Are we surprised?] And I work at rescue. It's one of the most heartbreaking and yet rewarding ventures I've ever undertaken. We have a wonderful Adoption Coordinator and great members that I love but there is so much involved and it was taking my life over. I had lived a fairy tale with The Rose Garden and this new adventure was brutal. I decided I needed some fairy dust back in my life! So The Rose Garden is back. Sort of. There's a place of business around the Covington Square called Upscale Resale. There was a room upstairs that I really liked and asked to be told if it became available. It did, I have it, and it's a small Rose Garden now. Of course, it's totally different from having the shop here in the barn. You don't have the surrounding beauty of the gardens and the ambience and the history. But is there still magic? I think so. When you walk into the room you feel like you've escaped into another little world. For me it will be an outlet. Do I miss my original shop? Of course. I loved it with every breath of my being, it was my heart and soul. But there's a season for everything and I'm in the right place. Our little four legged creatures need me and I get much gratification from saving these loving companions. I will also get gratification from getting to create again and scattering that fairy dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment