Saturday, February 4, 2012

Coco and Truffles

I have had a black Cocker Spaniel all my life. I started out with Tippy. I was little and Daddy brought her home one night. It's one of my earliest memories--apparently some friend's dog had puppies and the friend offered Daddy the little female runt of the litter. I'm not sure Mother even knew he was bringing a puppy home, she seemed surprised as well. He pulled the truck in that night and in the darkness I couldn't see the wiggling black bundle in his arms. He came in the door and put her down and it was love at first sight. Totally. She was Mine. I had her until I started high school and I cry now thinking of her leaving us.

After Tippy came Hershey Chocolate. John and I bought her for our Valentine's gift to each other. That's also when the "chocolate" names started. The next was Fudgy Supreme and now we have sisters, Coco Mademoiselle and Princess Truffles plus we've added a rescue, GooGooBabyBear. He's our first boy child and it's a different ball game, believe me.

This is not to take away from Honey Girl, our CARE rescue. We adore her. It's just that I will always have to have a black Cocker in my life, it's essential to my well being. Of course now it will probably have to be a rescue because I believe strongly in "Don't Shop, Adopt"!

No comments:

Post a Comment