Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stay tuned......


I believe there are no coincidences. About four years ago I decided I needed June color in the garden and I knew day lilies were easy and accessible. I proceeded to order a few and then started receiving catalogs and realized that day lilies had come a long way, baby! Aunt Lina had a pretty extensive collection of them years and years ago and always wanted to dig them for me. I really only liked this one at the time, the others were all so peachy and insipid to me. This big yellow girl I loved. She has been divided frequently and brightens lots of corners with her big smile. Now she has the company of hundreds of friends--reds, pinks, purples, creams--some ruffled, some rounded, some triangular. My obsession prevails and I continually order more. But you see there are no coincidences. If I didn't have day lilies what would be blooming for Megan's wedding?
So please stay tuned because this time next week I will be posting pictures of the wedding and all the tiny little details that I feel will make it "special".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive