Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pick a Peck of Pickled Peppers! [or Doing the Salsa!]

I've grown a variety of peppers, hot, mild, medium spicy, any pepper plant I found I planted! Rather strange considering John nor I either one like hot. But the plants were so tempting and the descriptions so enticing that I just bought all of them so now I have the challenge of deciding what to do with them. I'm like my mother, I can't waste them! After giving tons of them away I jumped on the salsa bandwagon and that's been the solution--Salsas of every description! Mild salsa, hot salsa, green tomato and lime salsa, ripe tomato salsa, even  "just pepper" salsa!

Southerners do love sweet pepper jelly for their cream cheese and crackers so I've got lots of little jars prepared and ready to sell. I made it in red and also green because I thought they would make great Christmas presents, hostess gifts, or just pretty to have on hand. I use my vegetables for my kitchen table centerpieces. Whatever I've picked that day ends up on a platter in the middle of the table. I'm really in the mood to make more green tomato and lime salsa today but I have to go to work, instead! So the tomatoes can get a bit larger, the peppers plumper, and they will be there when I can get to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment