Sunday, October 21, 2012

Well, the last time I blogged I was preparing for the CARE Cannery's First Annual Tasting Event. That's correct, I have now said the word "annual" which means we will be doing it again next year, folks! I am happy to report it was a huge success! I think we had 12 little jars left out of close to 450 and I am already searching for new canning recipes. The best seller hands down was the Salsa, probably the Black Bean and Corn. 2nd Winner was Pepper Jelly. But it all sold and I haven't received any bad reviews Yet. I also managed to be decorated for Fall although Barbara came and got the house cleaned for me! I'm not nearly as inclined to clean as I am to decorate! I love hydrangeas when they first start drying that fabulous apple green color and I added a little green paint to keep them from turning totally brown..





This is an old wooden bucket I purchased at an antique store years ago. Greenery, shed antlers, and Indian Corn were the finishing touches. [And there's Mother's little shovel by the front door ready and willing to help me plant fall bulbs which will be arriving soon.]
I made this Fall wreath a couple of years ago or so  and haven't done a thing to it since. I still love it just the way it is. I made several special orders this year for various customers and each one was different and bright and made me wonder if I wanted to "update". Then I would look at this one and think not! I'm a big fan of natural floral's, nests, and white pumpkins so for now this suits me perfectly. I coordinated the lamp posts using more green hydrangeas and burlap ribbon, although I did use some real orange pumpkins at the base for a "punch".

No comments:

Post a Comment