Sunday, September 9, 2012

The CARE Cannery has been born!

Hence The CARE Cannery has been born. Because you all know I get obsessive compulsive about things I like doing. And to my surprise I have LOVED canning! It's inconvenient, it's time consuming [and I have NO extra time as it is!], it's costly [I have spent a small fortune on jars, Sure Gel, pickling spices, and all the canning necessities], not to mention the planting, growing, and gathering! It was horribly hot and miserable cutting that prickly, tall okra in 100 plus degree weather, reaching in through the foliage to get the perfect pods for my endeavor. But still--I've loved it. It's been gratifying and comforting to know I will have something to contribute to the CARE Bake Sales that I feel will help our struggling bank account. However, I may have sabotaged my plan. Because Now I have decided we Must have a new event! The CARE "Tasting Event"! That I will host! At my house! Now I don't have time to make my bed much less plan on hosting an "event" but there I go. Oh, yes. I've advertised it on face book. It's a done deal now! October seems a lovely time for a nice gathering, don't you think? A little barbecue and perhaps a pot of black eyed peas to taste with the relishes, lots of jams and jellies to try on cream cheese, chips to taste with the salsas! Yes, I can just see it now. Chrysanthemums blooming, a crispness in the air encouraging potential buyers, charming Fall decorations! Yes, I can see it. Now, to just Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment