Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Live in Heaven

 This is my front yard. It's Heaven. Really, it is. I know that we are so ready for color and warmer weather after a long cold winter that every year we say, "This Spring was prettier than ever!", but this year it really was, at least at my house. My azaleas have matured, the dogwoods are tall, the shrubs have filled in. So this Spring my front view was simply breathtaking. I'm actually having a tough time squeezing in anything else in the front bed!
 The orange azalea is "Gibralter" purchased from Oak Lawn Garden Center just about ten minutes down the road. Orange has always been my least favorite color. Always. I do like it in nature but would never, ever have thought I would purchase an orange azalea!!! I think I planted nine. We never realize how our tastes will change as we get older! I like that "punch" of color, that "splash" in the middle of all the pinks. It works or at least it works for me and in my yard that's what counts! Oh, how blessed am I!!!
Pink Ruffles. Need I say more? A frothy concoction of shades of pink and an abundance of blooms. It's pure reason on earth is to bring pleasure and oh, how it does! The first azalea I ever planted was a Pink Ruffles. It is in the back and has thrived and is huge. I would like to find a few more true reds, they are a little harder to locate. So that's my next mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment