Thursday, February 10, 2011

And what does Valentine's Day need besides flowers and hearts? Lovers, of course!!


These lovers stood upon my grandmother's sideboard and my mother loved them. She called them "Oh, Don't". I didn't remember them and thought the name curious but then again all families are curious at some time or another so I didn't give it much thought. Much later after
granny had died and the house had been cleaned out and sold mother wanted to know where "Oh, Don't" was and I happened to mention it to my cousin, Sandy. Later he came bringing me a box which I opened and there they were! Plus the answer to the name--on the base is inscribed "Oh, Don't!" The demur little peasant woman is a hesitant lover!

1 comment:

  1. I remember those two lovers but never noticed the "Oh Don't" on the base. What a neat story! Can't wait to see it again soon.

    ReplyDelete