Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I am giving you background because those of you that never visited the shop will never truly know me until you know about The Rose Garden. It was and is a part of me, a Huge part of me. Through this blog I will relive many parts and aspects of it and I hope to impart a bit of it's magic along with the reveries. For years this was my daily routine--walking down to an enchanted shop located on my own property in the beloved family barn, working with a group of women that I loved and adored [still do] and getting to create vignettes and collections only limited by my imagination. [which I can assure you is Not limited!]
I semi-retired from this idyllic paradise to be a care-taker of my in-laws and to help with my brother. We had an emotionally hard time as we lost all three of them that year and it was a while before I felt I had my balance back. During that time I joined a group called C.A.R.E. started by Sarah Sullivan. It stood for Covington Animal Rescue Effort and I have always been one to rescue. So the story continues but with a totally different scenario. I am not surrounded by the scents of jasmine and gardenia from our extensive collection of candles now. Oh no. And I am not usually all dressed up wearing jewelry and Chanel. Oh no. And I am not always creating something of beauty that I have stayed up nights dreaming of---no, no, no. But I am doing something that brings me much gratification and something I believe is important and The Rose Garden is still a part of my life too. I just have to get a little more balance going on! So this is how I started "going to the dogs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment