Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Going To The Dogs

I told you that I was planning on being the caretaker of John's parents, my in-laws. They were getting to the point of going to a nursing home and we wanted to prevent that, if possible. While they were still at Parkway Cove, an assisted living facility, we worked on making the shop also a living quarters. Sam and Dan, my brothers-in-law, and I planned on what we could do to make the shop livable while leaving my work room intact. What evolved is a quaint and ever so charming space that we now call White Barn Cottage. [Of course it is still referred to as The Rose Garden also! I guess it depends on what is needed at the moment--a place to sleep or an arrangement!!] Although it was never used by Mom or Dad it is frequently inhabited by family. This old family farm has become quite a popular place. I have always loved it and now it is lovely to see others loving it too. But I'm getting ahead of the story. So I've semi-retired, I've lost the purpose of it basically, and I don't have my shop that was the main focus of my life for many, many [26] years. AND I've lost my big brother so our family is heartbroken--it was a grim time. There was an ad in the paper announcing a meeting of C.A.R.E. [Covington Animal Rescue Effort] and I went. and now I've gone. To the dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment