Friday, January 6, 2017

Another New Beginning

Wow. 2017. It's been a while since I've blogged, years in fact. I've missed it but there's simply been no time. Reading that statement it seems ridiculous. How could there not be time enough to sit and write a few words? Yet it's true. I let my life take over in so many directions but this is the year to rectify. Rescue I will. Work I will. But in modification so that I can play in the dirt and do the things I've desperately needed and missed to be me, to bring the serenity I love and crave. I feel a sense of normalcy simply by blogging! So let me get you all caught up!

I've had a big room at Upscale Resale on the Covington Square for the last few years, I help periodically at Charlene's in Halls, I'm a core member of CARE [Covington Animal Rescue Effort], I still do custom florals, and that's besides gardening and all the regular ups and downs of life. We now have three new additions to the family since last blogging. Nora Ellen and now Twinkies, Graham and Griffin. My nieces have been busy!

Christmas was fabulous although rushed as ever and my goal is to get back to the point of having time to decorate, time to shop, time to do the things I love to do during that wonderful Season. I DO the things I want to do but in such a time crunch that I feel pressure, not enjoyment. I want to savor decorating the Assisted Living Facility, my nieces and sister in law's trees, my own tree, baking for friends, CARE events, etc! So its time to make a few small changes.

This year I made the decision to pull out of Upscale Resale, it's been fun and I've loved it but balance has to be regained. My dear Kimmie will continue to have an "Enhance" room there and I'm thrilled, she's talented and needs that outlet of creativity so I can play in her room and have the best of both worlds. I can still do Rose Garden custom work without the stress of filling an entire room. So that's one step to serenity, there will have to be several more but baby steps, baby steps!

We had a beautiful light snow last night and I hope to get my hot house flower self outside for a little photography later on. For now I've started to take the Christmas decorations down while keeping a wintry look. I hope you all enjoy reading and seeing glimpses of one person's idea of paradise.





No comments:

Post a Comment