Monday, October 3, 2011

Is the centerpiece too big for the table? No, no, is the table big enough for the centerpiece!!?



My fall table arrangement has a big ole rusty orange pumpkin nested right in the middle of it! Is it too large for the table? Of course not. I happen to like large assessories!

The colors of autumn are some of my favorites--goldy yellows, muted greens and browns, reds and
ruddy oranges. The Lord matched our seasons well with his palette of colors, didn't he? These earthy delights are perfect for the end of summer, wouldn't do for Spring at all! Some people find Fall depressing--the green leaves of Summer turning brown only to eventually fall to the ground, the flowers going to seed, the foliage of lilies drying up. I find it restful. The days, though shorter, are cooler and seem a slower pace. The garden despite it's aging seems beautiful to me. Like a full blown rose instead of a bud there is still beauty--just of a different nature.

This is the time of year I plan on what to plant next year and where to move something that's not thriving. It's the time of year that weeding doesn't seem endless and when I can say, "next year I won't let it get ahead of me!" It's not depressing, it's inspiring.

Every season has it's endless possibilities. The garden grows with it, so must we.

No comments:

Post a Comment